Convert an MP3 160k to an MP3 128k

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 17:44:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 18:06, Coume - Lubox.com wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know if there is a way to convert an MP3 160k to 128k, and the other combinations...
> It might exist a sofware but I do not find it :(
> Do you know one? or a way to do that?
>
> Thxs in advance
> Ludo

You can use the lame command.  Open up a terminal and change to the
directory that has the MP3 that you want to change.  Now run lame on it:

lame -h -b 128 oldfile.mp3 newfile.mp3

The -b option is wht bit rate you want.  lame can work on .wav files and
MP3 files, other file formats would need to be converted to .wav first
and then compressed to MP3 with lame.

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA