Fedora newsgroup?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Feb 22 21:49:01 UTC 2004

William Hooper wrote:

>> Is anyone successfully getting this mailing-list as a newsgroup from
>> gmane?
>
> I don't have KNode installed, but I tried Pan and it seems to work fine.

As I think I mentioned, I found I could after all
subscribe to gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general .
(The secret was that I had to choose "New List" twice;
the first time it presumably did not succeed for some reason.)

Unfortunately I find I cannot subscibe to the fedora-list mailing list
without receiving the 200-300 daily postings.
(Admittedly I could receive a daily digest,
but that would only be slightly better,
as 95% of the postings are of little interest to me.)

Although there is a "Disable email postings" option
on the fedora-list mailman info page,
this option appears to have been turned off by the list-owner.
Sadly, therefore, it seems one must either forego posting to the group
or else accept a flood of emails.

Has anyone succeeded in solving this problem?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366