RH now exiting 1 more data center

Res res at ausics.net
Sun Feb 22 23:32:32 UTC 2004

Chris,
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, Christofer C. Bell wrote:

> Please check out http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ for post EOL patches for Red Hat
> 9 (among others).

will do :)

> > I do not know what checking process is in place now with this 'open
> > co munity' bullshit but its F'in pathetic QC compared to the old.
>
> I have not the faintest what the issue is with the machines you're using.
> I've had no issues with Fedora whatsoever and have in fact enjoyed using it
> more than Red Hat 9.  Perhaps if you could post some logs / errors / symtoms,
> you can get some help with the issues you're having.

The same machines had no issue with 7.3, we even updated the hardware last
year 7.3 disks out and in new boxes, not a problem, the same as the 9, but
we opted to try upgrading the irc server (its less critical) ok, upgrade
destroyed everything, so forget it, formated and did a clean install on
FC1, we changed nntp server software and decided to clean install FC1 and
install new software on it as the old news spools were not compatible so
we would have lost that anyway.
we updated, they worked ok for a few days on .2140 (the last stable kernel
we ran on it) since then it died with kernel panics almost daily,
different PID's, there was no common factor.

--
Regards,
Res