Yum update

Richmond Pabilona rpabilonia at cyberjresources.com
Mon Feb 23 01:16:36 UTC 2004

Hi guys,
    I ran "yum install xmms-mp3" to install mp3 capability to xmms
player, the yum started downloading/updating all of the software
packages headers, it went for almost an hour but suddenly my internet
connection disconnected so i was not able to complete it.  This was the
first time i ran yum, does yum really behave this way? i mean does it
update all the headers before it installs a package? Will the xmms-mp3
be installed after it finish updating the packages?

Thanks,
Richmond