Newbie can't get CD to boot

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Feb 23 02:00:12 UTC 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:06:51PM -0000, Ciemon G0TRT wrote:
> Why oh why won't my CD boot?
>
> I've downloaded the iso's, burnt them to CD with Nero on my XP system, but
> when I try to boot from them they're ignored.. and windows loads :/
>
> I have an old RH7 disk that will boot.. maybe I should just stick with that.
>
> Any pointers appreciated.

When you insert the Fedora #1 CD into the drive while windoze is running,
what does the contents of that CD look like? Is it one file (the ISO) or
does it contain several files and directories? If just one, you didn't
burn it right (should burn it as "CD image").

If it looks right, you could try making boot floppy(ies) and see if that
works for you.

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.