RH now exiting 1 more data center

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Feb 23 18:12:34 UTC 2004

Res wrote:

>Well ive listened to the other bashers and those ones who think Fedora
>will be better than the RH we knew....I maintain about 40 slackware
>boxes, 2 fedora and 3 RH9. since the last round of updates the 2 fedora
>boxes have died several times without reason, total lockup on kernel
>panics. the other boxes incl rh9 just chug away like they are not even
>there, because  RH 9 will cease to get supporot in 2 months, i will be
>going into the data center today to piss off the 2 fedora boxes and
>replace them with slackware, and sadly,in a couple months or whenever i
>get sick ofmanually making and applying updates, the 2 RH9 boxes will go
>to slackware as well... I find it unacceptable that fedora is now the
>winblow$ on the linux world., as I and numerous
>other loyal RH's since almost day one saw this lack of QC with these
>fedora changes, I am not at all suprised.
>
>I do not know what checking process is in place now with this 'open co
>munity' bullshit but its F'in pathetic QC compared to the old.

That is why we moved all our servers to FreeBSD.

The only RH machine left in our organization is my workstation. I understand your frustration. I have barely been able to keep wine
woring on this one last machine. FreeBSD doesn't run wine very well
otherwise I wouldn't be using linux at work anymore. I have two apps
that require wine. When cd-rom access is supported in wine on FreeBSD, then the only palce I will use linux is at home.