"default" sound drivers vs. ALSA?

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Mon Feb 23 19:17:54 UTC 2004

Em Sex, 2004-02-20 às 14:43, Mitch Wiedemann escreveu:
> Recent posts have led me to wonder: Are there particular advantages of
> going through the trouble of installing and using ALSA drivers for my
> sound card, if the built-in FC1 drivers work*?
> *except I don't have any midi music when playing DOOM. :(

Some drivers works, but without multiple channels. My via-82xx, for
instance, when using standard FC1 sound drivers, keep gaim sounds on a
sort of queue when I hear music with XMMS. The music stops, every single
sound event from gaim is played in a row, and then xmms complains about
sound device being busy.

Its a via-82xx sound chip, and works perfectly with alsa.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group