ifconfig bug?

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Tue Feb 24 01:56:19 UTC 2004

P. Thompson wrote:
> OK similar question as before:
>
> I think I've spotted a bug in ifconfig but net-tools does not seem to be
> on the list of supported apps for fedora in Bugzilla...
>
> Basically a sub interface of eth0 (eth0:0) gets the counters from the
> unrelated eth1 interface despite being a different hardware device:

It looks from your post like you have eth0:0 configured but not eth0.
Is that really the case? (If so it may indeed cause unexpected behavior).

Can you share any of your network configuration info with us for
possible problem replication and debugging?
(/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth* for example...)

Also, what version of net-tools are you running currently?