If you were building Linux Mail servers...?(what hardware?)

Harry Hoffman hhoffman at ip-solutions.net
Tue Feb 24 04:26:55 UTC 2004

If you are going to be serving lots of users the IBM x345's are really nice :-)
We are using RH9/postfix/amavisd/sophie/libsavi/cyrus/openldap

Cheers,
Harry

Quoting Ron Henderson <rhenderson at gadtek.com>:

*> Hello there,
*>
*> I am going to build a few Linux mail servers for testing purposes, and
*> it is possible that I will roll them into production eventually.
*>
*> So what hardware do you recommend? I am looking for 100% compatibility,
*> and trouble free installation. I was thinking of using AMD MP's. What
*> motherboard, NIC and RAID controllers just work with no issues?
*>
*> What Distro? Fedora? RH9, Suse?
*>
*> Cheers