Fedora's SSH

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Feb 24 04:30:30 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 22:25, Jason Dixon wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2004, at 10:12 PM, James Drabb wrote:
>
> > Do I need to do anything special to allow hosts outside of my home
> > network to SSH in?  I am running SSH on port 21 and have opened port 21
> > on my Linksys router/firewall.  However, I cannot connect from my work
> > to home.  I am using port 21 because the silly MS Admins where I work
> > have port 22 blocked, yet they allow telnet.
> >
> > I can ssh on my home computer using my public IP and it connects just
> > fine.  Do I need to add entries to /etc/hosts.allow?
>
> Telnet operates on 23, FTP on 21.  At least the silly MS Admins know
> their IANA port assignments.  ;-)

I seem to be able to get out on 21, 23 and 80.  Oh, and I wasn't stating
that port 21 was telnet.  I was making a statement that the admins would
allow telnet and not SSH.

> Jason Dixon, RHCE

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA