"default" sound drivers vs. ALSA?

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Feb 24 05:19:48 UTC 2004

Em Ter, 2004-02-24 às 01:47, Marc Schwartz escreveu:
> > ? Didn't even know that this existed :-)
> Yeah. I am guessing that Evo uses ESD? to play it's notification sound

Here, it worked simultaneously with gaim and xmms. Don't know how to
help you.

> I had this same problem with xmms if I used the OSS output plugin
> instead of the ESD plug-in. No sound from Evo with the OSS output in
> xmms.

Make xmms output to alsa, doesn't this help?

> Perhaps this is different in the FC2 versions (ie. Evo 1.5.x), since FC2
> uses ALSA by default.
> Of course, I'd rather see the infamous Evo C&P bug fix distributed
> first...that is still a PITA  ;-)

Man, there are SEVERAL things everyone would like to be corrected before
a sound bug in evolution, cut and paste being one of the first :-)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group