Dell Inspiron 7500 Woes..

Adam Cooper adam.cooper at port.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 09:41:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 04:51, Jim Hayward wrote:

> This is caused by a bug in the Pango update for FC1.
>
> On some systems the permissions are incorrectly set to 0600 on
> /etc/pango/i[386/686]-pc-linux-gnu/pango.modules. Just change the
> permissions to 0644 to fix the problem.
>

> Regards,
> 	Jim H

Due to the problems with the list yesterday I did not get this mail in
time to go home with the solution so I just re-installed. Oh well :-/

Also whilst I re-installed instead of selecting Dell Laptop 1400x1050
Panel as the screen I selected Generic LCD 1400x1050 and it now works
fine. Crisp and clear as it should be. However I'm a bit worried that
this means fedora will be operating the screen out of spec. Will this
damage it at all?

Many Thanks for your help

Adam