Hard disk issues

Gabriel Birrane gabrielbirrane at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 22:58:54 UTC 2004

>You already have the second drive (sdb1) mounted.  Per the mount command
>output it is mounted at / .
>The df command output confirms this.
>
>NOTE: you have about 230+ gb of unused/unpartitioned space on /dev/sda
>
>To add the other drive (after defining the partition and formatting it)
>simply select the point on the filesystem where you want it mounted and
>mount it there.  It then becomes part of the usable space.

How do I do this (in simple terms)?
I would like to mount it so that I have the remaining 230Gb availalbe to "/"

>>>3. Does the output of SMARTD look ok or does it suggest a problem with
>>>one of the drives?
>>
>>Read the output.  There is a problem noted.
>>
>>May be bios or someting else.

Feb 22 18:59:06 localhost smartd[5274]: Device: /dev/hda, No such device or
address, open() failed
Feb 22 18:59:06 localhost kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered
data mode.
Feb 22 18:59:06 localhost smartd[5274]: Unable to register ATA device
/dev/hda at line 30 of file /etc/smartd.conf
Feb 22 18:59:06 localhost kernel: Freeing unused kernel memory: 136k freed
Feb 22 18:59:06 localhost smartd[5274]: Unable to register device /dev/hda
(no Directive -d removable). Exiting.

I don't know where to start troubleshooting these errors. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks
Gabriel