Evolution copy and paste

Wed Feb 25 02:12:19 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 19:17, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Ter, 2004-02-24 às 10:16, Marc Schwartz escreveu:
>
> > > Man, there are SEVERAL things everyone would like to be corrected before
> > > a sound bug in evolution, cut and paste being one of the first :-)
> > Yep. I participate in another set of lists for a stats/math application
> > called R. Any time someone sends some code in an e-mail looking for
> > assistance where I can be of help, I have to copy the code and then
> > reformat it in xemacs, since it comes over as one long line. I can live
> > without the sound, but I can't tell you how much time I have lost on the
> > C&P issue.
>
> Don't remind me - we are in carnival here in brazil and I'm not working
> this week, but tomorrow my nightmares about copying and pasting will
> return :-)

Well...the good news is that you have some pretty decent "distractions"
for the time being... :-)

> > I am pretty sure that it has been fixed in Evo's CVS, so I am not sure
> > why a fix has not yet been incorporated into an update for FC, unless
> > there are some dependency issues that have not been resolved.
>
> This seems a bug in gnome stuff, just like the problem with link
> underlining (which used to work in rh9 and doesn't in fedora).

I am using XFCE4, so some of the GNOME/Metacity stuff does not bother
me...any more....  ;-)

The good news on the Evo C&P issue, is that there was an update to the
Ximian Bugzilla entry today (I am on the cc: list) confirming that it
has been fixed in 1.4.6. Ximian is apparently waiting on some upstream
issues before release, so hopefully this will make it's way to FC "real
soon now".

Marc