Fedora's SSH

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 03:05:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 11:37, Patrick O'Brien wrote:
> If you set the firewall up on the install it may have blocked port 21...
> run
> iptables -L -n
> to see if it's blocked. iptables will intercept anything prior to hitting
> your system. That's why the iptables logging was important.

I turned of iptables, however just to be certain : )

jim$ sudo iptables -L -n
Password:
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA