iptables question

Andrew Robinson awrobinson at cox.net
Wed Feb 25 16:06:40 UTC 2004

I want to enable lpr printing (from an Apple Powerbook running MacOS X
10.2) for printers on my Fedora Core 1 box. According to the
/etc/services file, printing services are given as:

printer  515/tcp  spooler  # line printer spooler
printer  515/udp  spooler  # line printer spooler

So based on previous information from this list about iptables, I added
these two entries:

# Printer Access
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m tcp -p tcp --dport 515 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m udp -p udp --dport 515 -j ACCEPT

My question is, is this what I want to do?

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson