Linux exchange client?

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Wed Feb 25 16:44:16 UTC 2004

George Farris wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 18:59, Ron Henderson wrote:
>
>>As much as I hate it, I must run outlook at work to connect to the
>>exchange server. Does anyone know of a client for exchange I can
>>download? It must support, mail, calendar, & tasks

> If it's just email then use Evolution with IMAP.  I use it on a daily
> basis to connect to an exchange server.

Or any other IMAP client, really. I use Mozilla Thunderbird. We also
have the outlook web interface installed, so I use that for meetings.

I've written a python utility to screen scrape, from the Outlook HTML
interface, meeting information which is then used to display popup
reminders and to send email reminders. Let me know if you're interested
in this, I've been meaning to make it available somewhere publicly, but
haven't gottten around to it yet.

I know know anything about tasks, though. We don't use them.

Peter