usbstick processes still very slow with Fedora C1

Javier Gonzalez gonzo at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 25 17:45:53 UTC 2004

After updating to Fedora Core 1 from Red Hat 9 (shrike), using my memory stick has become somewhat of a hassle. Everytime I mount, copy to (or from), and list the files in my /mnt/usbstick directory it takes a hell of a long time to do so. It has become so slow that it's almost unbareable.

My fstab has remianed unchanged, and all other things have remained the same. Is there anything that I can do to speed up these processes?

-G