FC 1 for Summit chipset and big mem

Norman Gaywood norm at turing.une.edu.au
Wed Feb 25 22:29:41 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:24:53AM -0500, Shannon McMackin wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:25:30 +0800, Choo Zhi Min wrote:
> > Does the stock FC1 install and run on:
> >
> > 4. server with 8GB ram?  Assuming CPU and chipset are already supported by
> > FC1.
>                                     There should be no issues supporting 4
> or 8gb of RAM under FC1.

8gb of RAM under FC1? But there is no bigmem kernel, that uses PAE, in
FC1. Do you have to build your own kernel for this?

I suspect such a configuration would have had no testing at all.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

norm at turing.une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312