Kernel 2.6 in FC1 ?

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Feb 25 23:09:33 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-02-25 às 19:55, Timothy Murphy escreveu:
> Alexandre Strube wrote:
>
> > It it REALLY straightforward.
> >
> > 1 Go to a terminal as root.
> > 2 Install apt-get: rpm -ivh

> Thanks for your lucid instructions.
> But how does synaptic interact with up2date?

It can replace up2date entirely. In fact, on my boxes I've never used
up2date. They do the same thing, but with the difference that synaptic
only handle apt sites, and up2date seems to be quite problematic for
several people.

Besides, it's easier to know about new packages/kernel versions/drivers
etc with synaptic.

> Can one use up2date after using synaptic?

Yes, you can. In fact, you can use the same repositories with synaptic
and up2date.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group