FC 1 for Summit chipset and big mem

James Drabb JDrabb at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Feb 26 03:22:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 00:25, Choo Zhi Min wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does the stock FC1 install and run on:
>
> 1. IBM eServer with Summit chipset?
> 2. specifically IBM eServer x345 with dual Xeon 3GHz, 4GB ram?
> 3. server with 4GB ram?  Assuming CPU and chipset are already supported by
> FC1.
> 4. server with 8GB ram?  Assuming CPU and chipset are already supported by
> FC1.
>
> If not, can any of the above be solved by recompiling the kernel?
> Thanks!

You should be able to download and compile the kernel for Red Hat AS 3.0
and use that under FC1.  However, if you are spending this kind of money
on this server, it seems like a drop in the bucket to purchase Red Hat
AS 3.0.  I run Red Hat AS 2.1/3.0 on my servers and it is worth it to
me.  The Red Hat Network is also very, very handy.

I also doubt that IBM will support FC1.

> Regards,
> Zhi Min

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/NT/XP or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Davenport, FL USA