FC1 as a server but NOT HP Proliant

yavorsky gaetan gaetan.yavorsky at easy-france.com
Thu Feb 26 14:45:43 UTC 2004

Hi,
It's working but ...
If it's a critical production environment, and if you plan to contract
support whith HP, forget it !
I do have a problem with a G3 server which crash after 2 weeks in
production mode.
Since I have an other G3 as office server which run perfectly, I'm quite
sure that it's a hardware problem, and I have standard 3 years garanty
from HP.
So I called them, and I have been told that they don't care about my
problem because of FC1 !!!!!!!!
They just told me to install RH8 which is the last "open" release
supported, or to by RedHat ES3 !.
Not really what I expected from such a company ! ( why do not install
WFW3.11 ??? )

If somebody has an other feed back HP, please let me know !
Regards.
Gaetan Yavorsky.