RH9 and FC1

Paul M. Bucalo linuxuser at pmbenterprises.com
Thu Feb 26 18:16:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 12:13, Awuku Danso wrote:
> Hi all
> Just want to know how FC1 differs from RH9. Would anyone say it's an upgrade of RH9 and if so could I install (upgrade) FC1 over RH9? Or does it have to be installed onto a different partition/hard disk?
>
> Thanks

I haven't done a thing (device wise) with my FC1 workstation since
installing it, but I can tell you that I feel Fedora is much faster and
zippier than RH 9. I am running older systems of 500, 333 and 233 MHz.
The difference between the two releases stands out clearly, in my
opinion, but I do admit that it's too soon for me to know what kind of
issues I may come across with ancillary devices, programs and services.

HTH

Paul