FC1 as a server

Bevan C. Bennett bevan at fulcrummicro.com
Thu Feb 26 18:35:39 UTC 2004

Fredrik Holmberg wrote:
> What are your experiences on running Fedora (Core 1) as a server, in
> comparison to the former Red Hat 9 (Shrike)?

I never installed a RH9 server. My desktop experiences with FC1 have
been much much better than with RH9, however. Many more things 'just
work' like they are supposed to.

As far as FC1 servers go...
3 LDAP/SMB/DNS/DHCP servers: up 45 days with no unscheduled reboots
1 postfix/spamd/cyrus IMAP server: up 45 days with no unscheduled
reboots (need to add clamav)
8 SMP compute servers: 7 up 30 days, 2 hung by application 4 days ago