RH9 and FC1

Chadley Wilson chadley at pinteq.co.za
Thu Feb 26 21:14:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 19:23, Jim Bradley wrote:
> FC1 differs in alot of ways as far as hardware support, but it doesn't
> look much different from RH9 as far as the desktop goes, mostly just a
> different background. I will say this. I've been having a tougher time
> with usb devices under FC1. I din't have any trouble with my usb devices
> under rh9.
> I don't know about other people, but I went the upgrade route, rather
> than a full new install, and it took a long time. About 5 hrs to complete.
>
> Jim
>
> Awuku Danso wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >Just want to know how FC1 differs from RH9. Would anyone say it's an upgrade of RH9 and if so could I install (upgrade) FC1 over RH9? Or does it have to be installed onto a different partition/hard disk?
> >
> >Thanks

This is odd! I have 2 different digital cams a usb2 flash mem stick,
a flat bed usb scanner a webcam and a cannon printer. All work fine and
i use 2 port at the back of the PC for the printer and scanner the rest
I plug in randomly when needed into the front ports.
Never even had the slightest hitch and as I said earlier I have 3 months
uptime. no reboots. and whats more is I didnt even have driver probs.
mmm.