HP LaserJet 1000

Mario St-Gelais legrimpeur at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 27 01:03:51 UTC 2004

>My log was quite similar, the error code too (can't remember exactly). The
>command line should have used foo2zjs and I solved installing foo2zjs from
>sources
>I can't remember anything aboute locale settings, but this should not be a
>problem. Let me know if you solve.
>
>Achille

WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEE  HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what Achille??  It's working.
Here is my guess.  I installed Fedora from the CD that came with the
book I bought.  I have a feeling that the foo2zjs stuff that's in there
is not good.  I am saying this because I downloaded the files from
http://foo2zjs.rkkda.com/.tar.gz, went through the setup and....  It WORKED.

Now when I did the set up, I untar the file and did everything from my
home directory.  Maybe that was not a really good idea.  But I checked
in /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/opt and all foo*.xml files have benn
updated.  That being said, is it ok if I remove all files im my home
directory.  I actually renamed the directory to foo2zjs.test and made a
print test and every thing seems fine.  Opinion?

--
Mario St-Gelais