For the Newbies

Bob Marcan bob at interstudio.homeunix.net
Fri Feb 27 13:13:43 UTC 2004

Richard Welty wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:37:45 +0100 "T. Ribbrock" <emgaron at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>OpenBSD is quite easy to learn for anyone who has learned to *read*.
>>They have *excellent* man pages, far better than any Linux I've seen.
>

>>In turn, you flamed to a crisp on their mailing list, if you *didn't*
>>read the man pages, the FAQ and the mailing list archive.
>

> been there, done that, got the scorch marks.
>
> it's an equally good idea to approach fedora that way -- check
> the FAQ(s), the list archives, the man pages, and google, and
> then start your question by mentioning that you've already done
> some preliminary research without arriving at a result.
>
> richard

Isn't this apply to everything?
When you buy some home appliance, do you read the manuals,
or just plug in, start and wait if you see the smoke?

  Bob Marcan                     mailto:bob.marcan at hermes-plus.si
  Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T
  Slandrova ul. 2                       tel:    +386 (1) 5895-200
  1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia              http://www.hermes-plus.si