APT and GPG signature

runlevel0 exter at wanadoo.es
Fri Feb 27 16:31:57 UTC 2004

Hi Fedorians,

I'm a recent migrator from Debian and have had some trouble
with signature verification using apt.
I get an Illegal/Unknown key complaint from apt.

I know apt-deb quite well and looking in /etc/apt y found a dir called
gpg where some keys are stored.

I imported al necessary keys from the keyservers into my keyring, but
this doesn't seem to work with apt and the man page does not make me any
wiser as it is the good ol' Debian apt manpage.

Should I simply copy the keys from my keyring or the download sites into
/etc/apt/gpg or is there any means todo this in a 'civilized' manner?

I can remember that as I was using an older RH distro I was able to
deactivate gpg verification, but one of the points which made me migrate
to Fedora was actually this option and disabling it is not a choice for
me.

Regards,

P.D.: I really *love* this damn distro.