FC1 Not Recognizing CD

Danny Anderson danderson at dfisystems.com
Fri Feb 27 17:00:37 UTC 2004

Radi Shourbaji wrote:
> I am trying to mount a CD on my FC1 system.  The first time I inserted
> this particular disk - the system seemed to recognize the disk almost
> instantly and placed an icon on my desktop.  However, due to another
> process having the system locked up - I had to reboot the box.  Ever
> since then the system refuses to recognize the CD in the drive.  Though
> it does recognize the drive itself...
>
> Any advice?

I have had this happen a couple times when the cd was already in the
drive when the computer was booted.  If I remember correctly, I was able
to eject the cd (by using the button on the drive and not the eject cd
method in Linux) and place it in my other cd drive and have it operate
as normal.  This doesn't help if you only have one cd drive of course. :(