FC1 compatible with Ximian Desktop?

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Fri Feb 27 20:36:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 12:42, ggv at comcast.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am preparing an upgrade from RH9 to FC1.
>
> Is it possible (or recommended) to run Ximian XD2 on top of the Fedora distribuiton?
>
> Did Ximian ever say if they will officially support Fedora releases?
>
> I like the overall look and organization of the Ximian desktop, but would go without it if there would be trouble in keeping Fedora up to date.
>
> Thanks in advance

I tried installing it following the instructions on their website.
Their installer said my operating system (FC1) was unsupported and
aborted the install. You could probably download the source and make it
yourself.  I spent a *little* time looking for a fedora rpm, but
couldn't find one.  If I come up with anything I'll pass it on.

Wayne