Thoughts on Article for fedora-docs project

Gavin Henry gavin.henry at magicfx.co.uk
Fri Feb 27 23:04:04 UTC 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 21:35, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 04:12:01PM +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> > This has been posted to the docs-list, but I wanted to get end-users
> > opion too.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > http://www.suretecsystems.com/docs/proxy-guide-en/
>
> It looks like a good and useful document.

Thanks. :-)

> Have you checked to see if this duplicates a Linux Documentation
> Project document (http://www.tldp.org/)? Unless you have a Fedora
> specific document (and I don't think this is one), and it does not
> duplicate an LDP document, you might consider submitting it there. As
> it is already in docbook XML, you won't have to convert it.

Searching "Squid" and "Proxy" get a few hits, but in general, they are about
Transparent proxying, not really a full content filtering guide type of
thing.

I will also be updating it for the grsecurity and firewall bit at a later
date.

Maybe this could be used for tldp?

I will obviously release the copyright etc. or whatever they need.

> Also, please check your spelling. e.g:
> s/versitle/versatile/g. s/embeded/embedded/g.

Thanks I have done that, with a thanks to you:

http://www.suretecsystems.com/docs/proxy-guide-en/

docbool-xml file:

http://www.suretecsystems.com/docs/proxy-guide-en/proxy-guide-en.xml

Gavin.