Yum.conf Problems

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Feb 28 01:00:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:02:56PM +0100, Tim Kossack wrote:
> Am Fr, den 27.02.2004 schrieb Axel Thimm um 00:52:
> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 10:44:25PM +0100, Tim Kossack wrote:
> > > i installed the yum.conf from atrpms a few days, but some of the
> > > provided links didn't work, so i edited the list by hand.
> >
> > Could you give some more details? Was it the change with the spc repo
> > or something else? Thanks!
>
> yes - also, i wanted to have testing packages - see my yum.conf below!
> (btw, if you don't already, it would be nice if you or someone else
> could make a yum.conf with all comp./needed reps. and _all_ their
> mirrors, so that one doesn't have to go mirror/rep.-hunting every week!

(Better) organization of repositories is underway and mirror lists are
part of it.

> also, what about an rpm that would also update up2date conf.? i like
> using both ;-)

Also on the TODO list, but there is quite a lot before it. :(

> > yum is a bit too strict with the repos' old/new contents, because it
> > shades old versions of the same rpm away, so that at the end it does not find the
> > dependencies to these (old) rpms.
>
> > It's a bug and a feature of yum, it forces repos to keep in sync with
> > the latest released packages ;)
>
> so does that mean that currently the needed package isn't avaible, and i
> just have to wait until gimp-plugin for gimp 2.0 gets released? means,
> do i have to change my yum.conf?

I think you need to use something else besides yum, try up2date, apt
or rcd.

> [at-production]
> name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 production
> baseurl=http://spc.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/production/
>
> [at-testing]
> name=ATrpms for Fedora Core 1 testing
> baseurl=http://spc.atrpms.net/fedora/linux/1/i386/testing/

Oops, you are pointing to spc repo here (which you also have further
below), not the atrpms' repos.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de