via sata controller doesn't run with fedora core 1.b

Dennis Gilmore dennis at dgilmore.net
Sat Feb 28 01:59:52 UTC 2004

On Saturday 28 February 2004 9:59 am, Andy Wallace wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 20:42, Ale Guerrez wrote:

> I found that I couldn't use any 2.4 kernel with a SATA disk on this
> controller. You can load libata.o OK, but when you try to load
> sata_via.o the OS locks up. However, kernel 2.6.3 works fine with it.
>
> I installed onto an IDE disk, then after compiling 2.6.3 I moved most of
> the install over to the SATA disk, leaving the IDE just with /boot.
>
> Andy

i have just built a new system with a via sata controller.  once i got past
the first board with a faulty sata bios.  its been running great i am using
FC2 test1 had no problems the only hdd is a segate 80 gig sata one  boots
from sata no problems. FC1 will not see the sata drive on install you would
need to have some other ide drive to install and then move across

Dennis