FC1 compatible with Ximian Desktop?

Christopher Ness nesscg at mcmaster.ca
Sat Feb 28 02:38:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 15:36, Wayne Steenburg wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 12:42, ggv at comcast.net wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am preparing an upgrade from RH9 to FC1.
> >
> I tried installing it following the instructions on their website.
> Their installer said my operating system (FC1) was unsupported and
> aborted the install. You could probably download the source and make it
> yourself.  I spent a *little* time looking for a fedora rpm, but
> couldn't find one.  If I come up with anything I'll pass it on.

Ximian Desktop cannot be installed over Fedora.  RH9 works nicely
though.

They just make patches to packages.  You should be able to download the
patches from patches.ximian.com

It would be a huge pain to apply these patches to all the programs.
Plus they are for Gnome2.2 not Gnome2.4 like Fedora uses.

Chris
--
Software Engineering IV,
McMaster University