Reading Live SMB Files

Luc Bouchard luc at luker.on.ca
Sat Feb 28 13:51:24 UTC 2004

I have just done a quick test and other than asking for credentials I
was able to open a pdf document straight from the SMB share in Nautilus
without mounting the share.

Possibly a Samba configuration issue?  I do have a Samba PDC used to
authenticate users on 2 Windows machines and Samba on my Linux
workstation publishing a backup share and a data share.

YMMV