A few Probelms

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Sat Feb 28 16:38:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:35:28 -0500
"Mark H. Bowersox" <webmaster at ihregistry.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am newbie to this list. My setup is as follows,
> Toshiba Terca 8000, 30 gig hard drive
> Dual boot, Windows xp home and Fedora core 1 using grub boot loader. I
> am on a home network using a cable modem.
>
> I try to run up2date and it will quite or lock up or not install all
> the updates. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Mark,

this could be the result of using the default servers at RedHat, which
are often under high load. I strongly suggest you use one of the mirrors
listed here: http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html

(you will have to modify /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, it should be
self-explanatory; if not, I believe you will find useful info on this
list archives)

HTH

Andre

--