Help needed with SanDisk CRUZER memory stick

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Jan 1 05:55:13 UTC 2004

W. Chris Shank wrote:

>I just got a cruzer-256 too and it doesn't work with Fedora stock kernel
>or the updated kernel (2.4.22-1.2135.nptl).
>
>Has anyone figured out how to patch this to work?
>
>Also - I find it disturbing that the patch would require a kernel
>recompile. Isn't there any facility in Linux that will allow regular
>users to add drivers easily? This is a major set back for desktop
>usability otherwise.

The major information needed is what file system is the Cruzer formatted
in. Is it ntfs? fat, vfat or ext3?

Also, what does the output of fdisk -l recognize the card as?

There was a query by someone at Redhat that wanted information that
would help him narrow down the problem. You might want to file a bug in
bugzilla against mount, kudzu, the kernel to get some help to resolve
the problem with the card.

 From what I read on the list, it seems the card recognizes itself as
two different devices. (sda and sdb).

good luck on getting the problem resolved.

Jim

--
It's lucky you're going so slowly, because you're going in the wrong direction.