Unable to read partition table

fabrizio.ge at tiscali.it fabrizio.ge at tiscali.it
Thu Jan 1 10:06:43 UTC 2004

Hello to all.

I have a PC with 2 hard disk, hda with Windows and hdc with Linux. GRUB
is installed on both hard disks. I can choose which operating system to
load with GRUB's menu. Both Windows and Linux load fine.

But, when loading Linux, an error message appears in the kernel log:
Partition check:
 hda:end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 4
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 6
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 2
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 4
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:00 (hda), sector 6
 unable to read partition table

So, Windows hard disk cannot be accessed from Linux.

The strangest thing is, when Linux is booted from Fedora boot floppy, this
does not happen, and Windows hard disk works fine!!!

What is the problem? What should be changed?

Regards,
Fabrizio

Tiscali ADSL SENZA CANONE:
Attivazione GRATIS, contributo adesione GRATIS, modem GRATIS,
50 ore di navigazione GRATIS.  ABBONARTI TI COSTA SOLO UN CLICK!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml