CUPS Problem

Jaakko Ruutiainen jaakko.ruutiainen at keypro.fi
Thu Jan 1 10:32:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 00:07, Paul Dubinsky wrote:

> I'm trying to setup a JetDirect queue on FC1 and I keep getting an error
> when the CUPS system tries to create the queue. Everything goes fine until
> I try to print a test page. Then I get the following error msg:
>
> Cannot write queues
>
> sh: line 1: /usr/bin/lpr - no such file or directory
>

> /usr/bin/lpr links to /etc/alternatives/print which links to
> /usr/bin/lpr.LPRng which doesn't exist.
>
> This FC1 was installed as an upgrade of an existing installation of RHL7.3.

Hi,

I had same problems just few days ago. To fix it I just relinked
printing related stuff (all links to something ending with .LPRng) from
/etc/alternatives/ to point into /usr/(s)bin/*.cups instead of
/usr/(s)bin/*.LPRng For example 'ln -sf /usr/bin/lpr.cups
/etc/alternatives/print'

--
Jaakko Ruutiainen
- jaakko.ruutiainen at keypro.fi