Fedora stability

Jeff Lasman blists at nobaloney.net
Thu Jan 1 19:52:39 UTC 2004

On Thursday 01 January 2004 07:36 am, Krikket wrote:

> I agree.  I prefer the KDE desktop.  I'm using Gnome right now mainly
> because of the ease for mounting/unmounting disks by right-clicking
> on the background.  If you have any suggestions for doing this on
> KDE, I'm listening!  (Or just do auto-mounting...)

I'm not sure if you mean on RHL9 or on FC1; I'm not yet using FC1 but
here's what I'm doing on RHL9:

Right click on the desktop.

Then:

Create New | CD/DVD-ROM Device

This will create an icon you can right click on for mounting/unmounting
the CD/DVD-ROM.

For hard disks do the same with:

Create New | Hard Disc

Works for me.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation