ALSA drivers question

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Thu Jan 1 19:57:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 15:05, John Lagrue wrote:
> Looking at FreshRPMS I see kernel-module-alsa for versions 2115 and
> 2129. Does anybody know where I could get the RPM for kernel version
> 2135? I don't yet have sound and know that I have to kick around ALSA
> before I can.

I built my own from the source RPM available at FreshRPMS...

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/1/alsa-driver/alsa-driver-1.0.0-0.rc2.1.fr.src.rpm

The important thing to remember is to use the --target option of
rpmbuild to build a module that matches the architecture your kernel was
compiled for, e.g.:

rpmbuild --rebuild --target athlon alsa-driver-1.0.0-0.rc2.1.fr.src.rpm

Once you do that and install it (rpm -ivh {RPM name}), run alsaconf to
automatically detect and set up your sound card.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves