wireless adapter

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Fri Jan 2 02:56:30 UTC 2004

Brian wrote:
> The Linksys WPC11 v.3 works seamlessly with Fedora natively.  He can
> exchange the v.4 card for free.

Michael E. Adams replied:
> Yes, you most certainly can. As I stated, it is just an [another]
> option.

With whom can one exchange a Linksys WPC11 v.4 card at no charge for a v.3
card?  Linksys?  Some other organization?

Also, can one tell by looking at the box which card one is buying?

My situation: I have recently received a Circuit City gift card (Circuit
City, for those who don't know, is a large chain US electronics retailer)
and I want to get a wireless PCMCIA adapter for a notebook computer that has
no wireless capability.  I'd like the wireless adapter to work 'out of the
box' with RedHat 9 and/or Fedora Core 1. It sounds like the v.3 card might
do this (if this is not correct, please tell me).  I figured if I bought the
v.4 card by accident or because that was the only model they had, I could
exchange the v.4 card for a v.3 card.  But I don't know with whom I can
exchange card.

Thanks.