Flash disk

Margo margo at ozjokes.com
Fri Jan 2 05:32:07 UTC 2004

Tom Diehl wrote:

>On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Margo wrote:
>

>>Fritz Whittington wrote:
>>

>>>I'm not sure, but I think FAT32 (-t vfat) isn't supported for flash
>>>drives....How did you manage to get it formatted that way in the first
>>>place?
>>>

>vfat WORKSFORME. Mine came formatted as vfat.
>

>>I tried the mkfs command and got bash: command not found
>>

>You need to be root.
>
>(tigger pts10) # whence mkfs
>mkfs is hashed (/sbin/mkfs)
>(tigger pts10) # mkfs
>Usage: mkfs [-V] [-t fstype] [fs-options] device [size]
>(tigger pts10) #
>
>HTH,
>
>.............Tom
>

>--

Hi

THank you. Entered the command and then it got weird. Flash disk
blinked steadily for a few minutes ( I assume formatting) at the end
tried to mounbt the disk and got the SAME ERROR.

Put the disk back in Windows and there were still files on it. It had
not been formatted.

I think I'll just leave it for now, thank you everyone for your help.

Margo

--
Margo

Webmaster