Upgrade problems

Michael Eccleston mike at eccleston.com
Fri Jan 2 15:13:17 UTC 2004

Hello,

Having looked through the archive list - is there anyone who has had upgrade
problems.

I have tried to upgrade a P4 Hypethreading PC with intel chipset and whilst
anaconda finds the partition with the RH9 installation it fails when loading
the files required for upgrade reporting that there is not enough disc space
spare.  This is strange as there is at least 40GB free (ext3) or does it
require unallocated space?
If the installation is made to the system as a new install it works fine.

I had noticed as the files where alledgly being loaded the disc light did not
come on which may be it is loading the wrong disk drivers.

The same problem occurs with a dual Xeon processor system upgrade from RH7.3.

Any ideas?

Mike Eccleston