Kernel 2.6.0-1-109 -> not auto loading sk98lin for 3c940 LOM

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Sat Jan 3 16:35:29 UTC 2004

On or about 2004-01-02 20:32, ne... whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and
scribbled:

>On Jan 2, 2004 at 19:39, Eric Beyer in a soothing rage wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 18:27, ne... wrote:
>>

>>>The 2.6 kernels use /etc/modprobe.conf. Amend that to suit.
>>>

>>Thank you! After searching through the kernel documentation directory I
>>only found one file mentioning modprobe.conf (video4linux/README.cpia).
>>I would have thought that it should be at least mentioned in
>>"Changes"... or is this distribution specific?
>>

>No not distribution specific but kernel specific. The new
>modutils uses this file.
>
>N.Emile...

I note that I have both modules.conf and modprobe.conf, but I'm not up
to the 2.6 kernel yet.  Did they perhaps start the switch at the latest
(2135) 2.4 kernel?

--
Fritz Whittington
Let the fear of danger be a spur to prevent it; he that fears not, gives advantage to the danger. (Francis Quarles)