Intel 852/855 graphics on Dell laptop

WA9ALS - John ham_reflectors at wa9als.com
Sat Jan 3 21:07:22 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael" <stuff at dustsmoke.com>
To: <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: Intel 852/855 graphics on Dell laptop

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!  (Both Michael and Christian)

I had the other steps in place, but not being able to use enough video
memory was the final hurdle to be cleared.  Using Christian's 855patch
solved that, and its availability as an rpm (Thanks Nudieman!) was a plus
for this newbie!

Even after powering down and rebooting, my 24-bit, 800x600 screen was still
good.  (I expected to have to run 855patch again.  Maybe I just didn't wait
long enough.)  1024x768 good too.

Problem solved.  Next challenge - getting the Intel Pro-Wireless working
using the NDIS wrapper etc. - John