xcdroast does not like DVD+R drives

Peter Kiem zordah at zordah.net
Sun Jan 4 11:34:21 UTC 2004

Hi Wolfgang,

> This might sound like a silly question, but did you rename the
> cdrecord-prodvd-2xxx file to cdrecord-prodvd?? As there is a bug in the
> description. As there is no dot "." between the filename, it has to be a
> minus sign "-". And also make sure that you put in the security key from
> the "8:" to the end of the key. (Else you stuck burning a max of 1G)

Yes I named it properly.  Before I did that xcdroast would only do CD
sized projects.  Now it allows the DVD media.  I believe the security
key is OK as well.

> As I can burn DVD-R's just fine with Xcdroast. I use a Pioneer DVR-105,
> to burn them.

See that could be the problem, I am using a + media drive not a - media
drive.  They are different formats I think.  Probably if I was using a -
media drive I would be fine.

--
Regards,
       My current spamtrap address is est1203 at zordah.net