Bind v. TinyDNS

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 4 19:34:20 UTC 2004

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>Am So, den 04.01.2004 schrieb WipeOut um 15:50:
>

>>Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:

>>>DJB's license only allows pristine redistribution.
>>>
>>>He considers the distribution of patches as somethings separate.
>>>
>>>Everyone having to maintain a complex qmail MTA at an ISP usually has to
>>>patch qmail with SEVERAL patches that _are_not_ going to ever be
>>>integrated, easing most everyone's life.
>>>
>>>Every time there an update on one patch, those admins suffer real pains
>>>that could have been avoided if but Dan's arrogance allowed it.
>>>
>>>Rui
>>>

>>This I have to agree with.. keeping track of patches is a nightmare.. It
>>would be nice to have an up to date version..
>>
>>Later..
>>

>http://www-dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de/~ma/qmail-bugs.html
>
>A lot of reasons to take any other MTA and to kick qmail in the desert.
>
>Alexander

If you want to run your mailbox config from a DB (eg mysql) and have
mailbox softquota's work correctly the AFAIK qmail with courierIMAP is
the only combination..

I have heard that there is a patch to postfix to make it look at the
softquota's but based on that I think the qmail patches are better.. and
the developers of postfix don't seem to want to integrate the quota code
into postfix..

later..