Crystal Audio

Nicholas Fitzgerald nfzgrld at netscape.net
Sun Jan 4 19:47:37 UTC 2004

I've got fedora installed and working well on an IBM Thinkpad 600E.
There are really only two problem I've run into. One has to do with my
Cardbus Nic, which I still think I can figure out, the other has to do
with the sound system on this machine. The only way I can get any sound
out of it is to play an audio CD. Playing a CD works fine, but nothing
else works at all. In fact, if I put the mouse cursor on the little
sound icon on the bar it gives me a message saying "No Audio Device". On
bootup there is a "no sound server" error that comes up so I have to
assume that either this hardware is just not supported, or there is
something wrong with it. This machine was running Win98SE until a couple
days ago and the sound system worked fine. I have to assume that this is
an OS/Driver problem, but I can't figure out which. Any ideas out there?

Nick