Wavebuddy wireless network card issues *again*

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 5 20:37:06 UTC 2004

Hi all.  I am using the atmel wlan driver with a WaveBuddy wireless lan PCMCIA card and I am having an issue with it.
Seems the card can never get an IP address.  I have been at a place where I *know* that there is a wireless access
point, but nothing happens when I start the network services except for an error message that says

Cannot get driver information: Operation not supported

Determining IP information for eth0: failed
[FAILED}

The system is picking up the card with no trouble and when I am at a place where it should connect to a wireless network
it shows both RX an TX bytes > 0 with no errors.  However it never gets an IP from a DHCP server.  When I tried an
Aeronet card from the lbrary where I can connect, I got an IP, but this card doesn't give me one from the same location.
HEEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

PRINCE